Tuesday, April 20, 2010

weird stew


cold liquid dyes: hollyhock, onion skin, rust; bloodroot; ecoprint, bloodroot 
i've got several things stewing away, none of them edible. anyone who knows me knows that's not surprising (i'm not particularly interested in cooking). but i am interested in the alchemy of making things. 
wood type, letterpress, and lokta shifu square.
been thinking of new books, shifu, healing, prayer flags. these kinds of musings sustain me, also challenge me to get myself moving to make something worthwhile. going back to school after a 12 day break means that i have to hold on to these thoughts. words from friends also sustain, my cadre of weirdos, thank you! some news a bit later in the week. prepping for magic spirit bag class #2 tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. But I don't find it all weird. Currently in the studio is a large container of fungus suspended in an bright yellow liquid. I think it's fabulous. And the family know to ask before eating anything small unmarked containers in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember the days of little ones, weird brews in the kitchen (no mordants except vinegar in my attempt to safeguard them), refrigerator full of gallons of my goats milk, yogurt, and soft cheeses...still today my freezer has more frozen pulp, flowers, and weird stuff than food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shifu looks marvelous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think there will be more to come...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently been thinking about all the mud stews and weed infusions I did when I was a child. Something stuck... I have a jar of onion skins soaking away right now and I've got to remember to plant my holly hock seeds this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, the printed shifu is excellent - can't wait to see more.

    (I'm the same with my jars & little ones. One day it mightn't matter so much but for now I totally don't mind keeping my experiments to mostly foodstuff. There'll be time later and if there isn't, well, at least I didn't poison anyone!)

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *