Monday, July 16, 2012

little home tales

 playing with an archivist and a hollowback
 what trace helped me do
with my old gap shirt
 wonderful color
 looking at what i worked on
with roz hawker
at nature's colours in the city
bales in the early morning 
the same day
 on tooley pond road
a youngster
 who couldn't figure us out
 stormy possibilities
 another reason i love the north country
in the mixed lettuce i bought 
down the road a piece 
at farmer bill's
 i often find a blade or two of grass
and tonight
i found it in my burrito. 
no harm, 
and delicious lettuces.

10 comments:

  1. lots more space for stitching there V!
    you were just getting warmed up, and the story continues ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. every little tidbit I see from the symposium adds another bruise to my shins (where I keep kicking myself for not being able to go) aggghhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ronnie, it was fabulous. a book should have been done about it. really, the energy and information and stories and and and.... but don't kick yourself, just prepare for the next one (don't know if it's coming, but i can always dream...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. silly me...i thought, wow, what a lovely piece of free motion embroidery on some eco-dyed paper/cloth - and it turns out to be a tortilla. well, you can see where mind my is...and the piece done with roz hawker =ly yummy. is it cloth, paper or both. thank you letting me share in the wonder of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. henrietta, yes, a close up of supper is so NOT me! the piece i did with roz is all fabric and thread. no paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slight variation would have been my dinnah - without grass this time for a change... often though, grass and sometime clover.

    Are you fully back yet? Looks it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gap shirt makeover is wonderful, and I love the cloth you stitched with Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great makeover,i'm talking about the burrito :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. valerie, the grass in bill's lettuces always cracks me up!
    feeling very good, by the way.
    jeanne, yes, trace has magic powers and roz tells me to stitch and stitch and stitch and...
    neki, it was yummy, and so was the libation.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *