Wednesday, February 26, 2014

another day in a beautiful place

 kookaburra
 female fairy wren
 grampians out my studio
the other direction
i've been without e-access
but have a little bit.
my camera fell into the dye-rinse bath
yesterday,
but all is well. 
we'll see if the travel insurance will cover it.
my students in both calsses,
all 27 of them 
(yes, you read that right!)
have been an incredible blessing.
i hope they spin and weave
paper
and remember how amazing 
this little chuink of time together was.
thank you australia!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Velma, I had a wonderful time and am now spinning again, and another small book done.
    Do hope you had saved some photos before your camera was dunked.
    Safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place and birds. Bummer about your camera!! I do hope someone will take lots of photos for you. Arctic here, as you probably know. Have a great time in summer while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gariwerd is a special place - have you had time to see any of the National Park or go to the Aboriginal cultural centre?

    I've been spinning and weaving my lokta and did some more eco printing on paper and silk - what an inspiring class!Thanks again for a magical time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grampians are superb, Velma! I hope you got to hear the kookaburra sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently if you put your camera in a container of rice for a week it will draw the moisture out it might come good. Miss you already. x te

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you on Penny's blog and really wished I had been at your workshop, Velma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Home! And thanks for sharing the journey. (And I have to ask: Is that kookaburra sitting in an old gum tree?)
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. penny, YAY for continued spinning!
    valerie, home again and arctic, but it was amazing
    felicity, you (and the rest) made it special, and i'm SO glad you are still spinning! YAY!
    faisal, i sure did!!!
    trace, got myself together almost, missing you, too.
    robyn, me, too, robyn.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *