Sunday, July 13, 2014

happening busy

happening busy:
my sister had her shoulder replaced
meanwhile another health issue flared,
so a quick stay in hospital has become longer.
but
my amazing nephew visited to help his mum.
while the surgeon worked magic,
i got to spend hours talking, walking, eating and
playing catch up,
realizing how much i love this guy.
now we wait until she is ready.

november song, both copies,
have new homes, 
on different sides of the earth.
it is exceedingly wonderful
to sell important and good work.

work is being prepared for the eastern paper exhibition 
at the morgan.

other coptic books in the hortus siccus project 
are paginated, and waiting to be sewn.
these have special owners, 
and then a few
will be offered for sale.

messy old garage is 3/4 done with it's clean-up.

the new place progresses slowly, but it progresses.

cleveland classes are prepped
(mostly)
and i have been asked to teach two more,
one in my beloved maine,
another in ontario.

my work-work class is staying in the lovely school
i've come to like being a part of.
after years of an alternative site.
yay to all the news.

and in my heart
i have loved working more deeply.
thanks to dorothy's push.

i think i haven't touched my camera in several days.
but if i find i have, 
i will come back and post some photos.
whirlwind times.

17 comments:

  1. Even without photos my head is full of images of coptic books, beaches in Maine, Dorothy's beautiful work and new places. Wishing your sister a rapid recovery xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your sister is OK! Lots of news... yay. I know about slow progress, though my renovation project is smaller, its in the space where I live, so READY for it to be done! Great feeling, isn't it, to clear out a garage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. robyn, thanks for your understanding..and good wishes
    valerie, i put in an hour on the garage today. it's all i can do, 1 or 2 at a time. it was BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing your sister a safe and speedy recovery. Also hoping that you'll bring samples of the direction that Dorothy has pushed you in along to Cleveland so that they may be perused and oohed and aahed over. By the way, can Christine, Lotta and myself coax you into having dinner with us one night? My treat, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering how a shoulder replacement is going, talk that I may need one, hope your sister is progressing. Sometimes things that go slowly are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so much news - best wishes to sister for a full recovery. have a wonderful time teaching with Aimee. I can't open my garage- too depressing and I don't have the mental energy (or physical) to deal with it. travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such good work is pouring out of your hands Velma you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jennifer, thanks, i passed on your and everyone else's wishes and it made her so happy to hear that! we will of course get together! promise!
    penny, she's home and looking great. very positive! she's 12 years my senior and as plucky as they come!
    jean, all is well. i felt exactly that way about my garage. it's horrid, these sink holes.
    mc, my, well, thank you so much. it really feels wonderful to read your words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am wishing your sister the best recovery, you are lucky to have each other, and your nephew... Despite the seriousness this is such a positive post, sounds like you are in a good place on many levels. Can't wait to finally meet you in a few weeks...
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. lotta, many thanks, she's home and looking great. i, too, am so excited about meeting! it will be a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Velma, I am sending my best thoughts for your sisters' speedy recovery. Looking forward to a stellar workshop with you and Aimee and my BFFs in stitch (Lotta and Jennifer). xo C

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you christine, she's home and healing! i am so looking forward to this workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good health wishes for your sister. your nephew was the silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Velma

    You sound very busy and on top of the world. where are you teaching in Ontario?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. judy, i am--toronto, still a possibility, nothing firm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Velma - lot of good things in the air in summer. So good that your sister is on the road to recovery and that the gift of time with your nephew appeared...fab new about the books, teaching, and life in general! Have a great time with those stitching girls - would love to be a fly on the wall : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. fiona, you're welcome to my wall! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *